Training on Refrigeration Units
LT Systems™ offers a two-day training class on refrigeration units and their associated systems. The following out line gives a brief description on the content of the class:
Water vapor pumping in vacuum systems.
- How water vapor pumping improves vacuum levels.
- How the cryocoil pumps water vapor.
- Sizing the refrigeration unit.
- Standard cryocoils, sizes and shapes, feedthroughs, transfer lines.
Refrigeration unit basics
- How the refrigeration unit works.
- Flow of refrigerant through the unit to the cryocoil and back again.
- Standby mode.
- Cool mode.
- Defrost mode.
- Identify basic components, compressor, condenser, filter drier, etc.
- Facilities, water and power.
- Data points and their significance, TC points, discharge and suction pressures.
- Data log sheets, how and when to fill them out.
Refrigeration unit and system installation
- The Parker and VCR fittings.
- Attachment of the transfer lines.
- Cryocoil attachment.
- TC wires.
- Vacuum pumping of transfer lines and cryocoil.
- Leak checking.
- Unit start up.
- Cool mode check.
- Defrost mode check.
- EPA certification
- How to identify unit performance degradation.
- How to isolate the cause of the trouble.
- Repairs and corrective actions.
- Typical problems experienced by the refrigeration units.
- Why it is good to do preventive maintenance.
- Simple checks to do on a regular basis.
- Advanced maintenance.
Question and answer session